(BREAKING NEWS – OP-ED) — The author of this post offers this information for your educational value and not as legal advice; however, the court in this instance, the Supreme Court of Nevada, clearly screwed U.S. Bank, N.A. in favor of SFR Investments Pool 1 … reversing the summary judgment against SFR and ruling in SFR’s favor as to quiet title! See the case below:
- The early bird gets the worm … yet sometimes gets to fight over who gets to eat it.
- The appellate process worked all the way to the Supreme Court of Nevada, who saw reason to reverse it.
- The decision was per curiam.
- Retroactive annulments of bankruptcy stays are key to jumping in with both feet; hence, timing is everything.
- SFR used Nevada statutes to prove its case (and its right to sell the property at an HOA sale) was compliant with the statute.